Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on the other shoe to drop.....

Don't worry.... Everything is fine. When I say I'm waiting on the other shoe to drop, I'm speaking of the morning sickness. As most of you know, with Kori, I threw up every day, 24 hours/day, 7 days/week for the entire 9 months. I'm only about 5 weeks now, and with Kori it didn't hit till about 7 weeks, so I feel like I probably have another 1-2 good weeks left in me.

Last Thursday, I had my hormone level drawn. My hcg level was 107. That doesn't mean much until you know how this hormone thing works.... The actual number itself doesn't mean much other than more than 25 is a definite positive pregnancy. In a healthy pregnancy that is progressing normally, that number should double at least every 48-72 hours. If it doesn't, that's almost a sure sign of miscarriage. I had my level redrawn on Monday (so 96 hours later). My doctor said he'd be ok with at least 300, but he'd rather see around 400. Well, my level was 660!!! It was such a relief to see that number. I was so scared to see something bad, I made Tommy go to the lab with me to get the results. He thinks I'm crazy this pregnancy! With Kori, we had waited forever and when I found out we were finally pregnant, I just took it for granted that everything was going to be fine. This time, we tried for a year and a half and I'm so nervous something bad is going to happen.  I'm trying not to stress myself out too much because I know that's not good either, but it's so hard to relax this time.

We have also had many, many, MANY people tell us they felt like we were going to have twins this time. I have also had 2 friends tell me that they had dreams recently that I had twins. I know that Tommy and I could handle twins, but I really hope there is just one in there! There are twins on both sides of our family, so the possibility is there. We did not do any fertility drugs this time around, so that makes me feel a little better. We have waited so long, we will take whatever God gives us, but still praying for 1!!!

I have my 1st doctor's appointment on March 28th so all my questions will be answered then. Thank you to everyone for your prayers. We are so happy to be adding to our family and will keep everyone updated as often as possible.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Amy and Tommy! We're very happy for you guys and praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy. Kori will be a great big sis!!

    Love, the Barton's
    Jenny, Daniel, and Adam

    ReplyDelete